Hello! I am a researcher in computer vision and machine learning.
I work at Meta (Facebook) AI Research with Dr. Ari Morcos on scaling laws, self-supervised computer vision, and foundation models. Before this, I was master’s student at the University of Guelph and Vector Institute, working with Prof Graham Taylor at the Machine Learning Research Group. Even further back, I was a research assistant at the Visual Computing Lab at the Indian Institute Of Science working with Prof Anirban Chakraborty and Prof Anand Mishra. I did my bachelor’s in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Indian Institute Of Technology Dhanbad in 2017. Besides these experiences, I have over 3 years of experience in machine learning and computer vision working with NEXT-AI Toronto, Layer6 AI Toronto, Shell R&D Center Bangalore, HyperWorks Imaging Bangalore, & Samsung Research Institute Delhi.
- [Dec 2022] Attended NeurIPS 2022 in New Orleans and presented our conference and workshop papers.
- [Nov 2022] Beyond Neural Scaling Laws wins a Best Paper Award at NeurIPS 2022! Press Release
- [Oct 2022] New paper at the NeurIPS 2022 Self-Supervised Learning - Theory & Practice Workshop:
Understanding contrastive versus reconstructive self-supervised learning of Vision Transformers
- [Sep 2022] Life Update: I have relocated from the Bay Area back to Canada (Montreal).
- [Aug 2022] Beyond neural scaling laws paper accepted for oral presentation at the NeurIPS 2022 Conference.
- [June 2022] New pre-print available: Beyond neural scaling laws: beating power law scaling via data pruning.
- [May 2022] Awarded the University of Guelph Class of OAC’60 Award for Outstanding Teaching Assistant.
- [March 2022] Gave an invited talk at the Analogical Minds seminar on our Neural Structure Mapping paper. Talk available on Analogical Minds YouTube channel
- [Jan 2022] Defended my master’s thesis on “Inductive Biases in Higher-Order Visual Cognition.”
Click here for older news
- [Nov 2021] Invited to participate in the Breaking into AI: Industry Speaker Panel. Available on University of Toronto Machine Intelligence Group YouTube channel
- [Nov 2021] Our paper on Neural Structure Mapping was accepted to NeurIPS 2021 Shared Visual Representations in Humans and Machines Workshop
- [Oct 2021] Our extended paper on Neural Response Time analysis was accepted to Applied AI Letters journal
- [Sep 2021] Started as an AI Resident at Facebook AI Reseach
- [Aug 2021] Our paper on generating scene graphs with transformers was accepted to the International Conference in Computer Vision 2021 for a poster presentation
- [April 2021] Started as a Scientist in Residence for the NEXT AI startup accelerator
- [Oct 2020] Started as an instructor for LearnAI course at the University of Toronto
- [Aug 2020] Attended the MIT-CBMM Summer School on Brains, Minds and Machines 2020 virtually
- [July 2020] Attended the CIFAR Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning Summer School 2020 virtually
- [June 2020] Our paper was accepted to CVPR 2020 Minds vs Machines Workshop for an oral presentation
- [Jan 2020] Joined the Machine Learning Research Group at University of Guelph as a graduate research assistant
- [Nov 2019] Volunteered and presented our work at the International Conference in Computer Vision 2019 in Seoul
- [Sep 2019] Started MASc in AI at the University of Guelph. Thankful to receive the Vector Scholarship and JN Tata Scholarship
- [Aug 2019] Attended the Bayesian Methods in Deep Learning Summer School 2019 in Moscow
- [July 2019] Attended the Machine Learning Summer School 2019 in London